As a member of the Garden Club of America, we share a common mission:
To stimulate and advance the knowledge and love of gardening, to share the advantages of association by means of educational meetings, conferences, correspondence, and publications, and to restore, improve and protect the quality of the environment through educational programs and action in the fields of conservation and civic improvement.
OUR CIVIC PROJECTS
Founded in 1924, the Cohasset Garden Club was elected in 1927 to the Garden Club of America. Since that date, we have been committed to the Garden Club of America’s mission.
As an integral part of that mission, the Cohasset Garden Club is committed to the design, planting and maintenance of four Civic Gardens in the town of Cohasset. Teams of our active members are assigned to these gardens each year. The Civic Gardens are: the Virginia W. Knowles Garden at the Cohasset Historical Society’s 1810 Captain John Wilson House and their Ca. 1760 Maritime Museum, the Knowles water trough at the Atlantic Avenue end of Beach Street, the entrance garden at the Lightkeepers Residence on Government Island, and the Pollinator education garden at the Osgood Elementary School. Each week from April through October, members of our Club work alongside Team Captains planting and maintaining each Civic Garden throughout the growing season.